Episode 1:Pursuing A Career In Tech Support
- Introductions at 0 mins
- Tech industry impact by Covid at 2:50
- What skills are translatable at 4:08
- Inclusion and growth at 4:55
- Backgrounds and transitioning into tech at 5:55
- Support channels and customer-facing departments at 7:21
- Working with other departments at 8:43
- Categories of companies at 13:12
- Insights from a hiring manager at 14:56
- Perks of online support as a career at 15:43
- Getting started in online support at 20:42
- Homework at 21:21
Checkout the job listings here (In addition to the usual like LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.):
What are some skills listed in the job descriptions that you feel apply to you? What are some examples of the experience you have utilizing those skills?
What industries interest you? Which of the jobs listed really spoke to you? Was it support, success, community mgmt.?
Make a list of everything that speaks to you and have it ready for episode 2!