“Capitalism forgets that life is social.”
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
Increasing numbers of us are spending our days (and sometimes nights) toiling away at tasks we care little about with people we feel no strong connection to, in order to pay for the things we need as well as the things that help us cope with our deep alienation. Does it really have to be this way? What if we could do work that is more aligned with our vision for a happy and healthy world? What if we could foster deeper intimacy in our organizations and a greater capacity to overcome internal challenges? How might we create and nurture spaces that respected the need for everyone to take care of themselves and their loved ones?
I’m a catalyst and a changemaker with over 15 years of experience working with both non-profit and for-profit organizations. I am passionate about interrogating how and why and how much we work in order to foster deeper transformation in organizations and communities.
Most recently, I built customer support and marketing teams at Clubhouse Software and was a co-founder of both the Lefferts Community Food Cooperative and Collective for Liberation, Ecology, and Technology, both in Brooklyn, New York. I am available to assist you and your team at whatever stage you are in — from inception to growth to dissolution. I can help you to:
- craft (and coalesce around) a mission, vision, and strategy
- understand your technical needs and adopt new and open technologies
- create and execute a launch plan
- define and document processes
- identify and reduce weaknesses and threats to your organization
- explore and pursue new opportunities
- tackle interpersonal conflict
- re-align with or redefine your roadmap
- onboard new members and offboard departing ones
- archive and sunset your project
Groups I have worked with include:
- Lefferts Community Food Cooperative
- Brooklyn Community Bail Fund
- The Campaign for New York Health
- Greenpoint Reformed Church
- The Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- The Managers’ Association of Slovenia
- Collective for Liberation, Ecology, and Technology
- Question Copyright
- The Open Planning Project
- The Ada Initiative
- North American Students of Cooperation
If you think I could be of assistance to you and your team, drop me a line!